TransLT is designed to calculate the transformation parameters and the transformation of coordinates between two coordinates systems is a fast and practical way. The software is aimed at specialists who use GPS technology to perform geodetic works.
TransLT is an application which offers the following three major functionalities:
- The calculation of transformation parameters between two coordinates systems;
- The transformation of coordinates between two coordinates systems;
- Drawing of polygons, paths or points in Google Earth.
To make it easy to operate with the multitude of existing reference coordinates systems, TransLT contains a module that extracts information from EPSG database.
The program interface is intuitive, easy to use, the data can be imported from txt or csv files, and it allows saving the modification for each step of the transformation.
Main features of TransLT:
- Calculation of transformation parameters and coordinates transformation for 1D, 2D or 3D transformations;
- Coordinates coversions between geographical coordinates systems, geocentric cartesian and the coordinates of a map projection;
- Supports a large number of map projections (112 map projection methods);
- Supports the majority of the polynomial transformation used in cartography;
- Can use binary grid files or ASCII for coordinates corrections;
- Coordinates transformations can be made using your own calculation formula;
- Coordinates transformations can be made in user defined steps or the steps can be automatically generated using the EPSG database;
- Coordinate files can be converted directly from Windows Explorer;
- The program can be called from the command line or from another application to convert a coordinates file;
- Drawing of polygons, paths or points in Google Earth and together with TopoLT can draw graphic entities from AutoCAD or IntelliCAD in Google Earth.
The calculation of transformation parameters between two coordinates systems can be performed in the following situations:
- 1D transformation (calculation with 5 or 1 parameters);
- 2D transformation (calculation with 4, 5 or 6 parameters);
- 3D transformation (calculation with 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 or 15 parameters).
For each set of calculated parameters calculation reports are generated offering the user information about the quality of the calculated values. The parameters calculation is made easy and practical with the help of worksheets organization.
The transformation of coordinates between two coordinates systems can be done by applying 1D, 2D or 3D transformation or by applying a multiple transformation in steps. The steps of a multiple transformation can be used to make the following coordinates operations:
- coordinates conversions (including using a map projection);
- polynomial transformations;
- transformations using grid files (files containing corrections values);
- transformations with parameters: 1D, 2D or 3D;
- transformations with user defined formula.
The multiple step transformations (which contain many successive transformations) can be saved and used later, with the possibility of applying them directly on a file using the contextual menu from Windows Explorer.
- Geographical coordinates (φ, λ, h) → Geocentric cartesian coordinates (X, Y, Z);
- Geocentric cartesian coordinates (X, Y, Z) → Geographical coordinates (φ, λ, h);
- Geographical coordinates (φ, λ) → Plane coordinates (N, E) according to the selected projection;
- Plane coordinates (N, E) → Geographical coordinates (φ, λ) according to the selected projection.
To implement TransLT in other programs you can download the examples made in the following programming languages: